Hello, I’m Scott Floyd running for County Commissioner District 7 seat here in Columbus County. I’m born and raised here in Columbus County and I have lived in the Pleasant Plains community my entire life.
I’m married for almost 29 years to my wife Lori who is employed with Whiteville City Schools. We have one daughter Ashlin who graduated from UNCW and currently sponsored by New Hanover county in their Fire and Ems program. I’m retired from the North Carolina Highway Patrol and currently employed by the Columbus County Sheriffs Office as a bailiff. I appreciate all the help and support I can get!
Ronald Gene Gore
- Vietnam War Veteran 9th Special Ops
- 26 years with Columbus County Schools
- 5 years as Assistant Plant Operations Director
- 15 years as Plant Operations and Facility’s Director
- 10 years on N.C. Dept of Public Instruction Plant Operations Advisory Board
- Managed a multi-million dollar budget-never exceeding dollars budgeted
- In charge of all maintenance and new construction projects of Columbus County’s 16 schools campuses
- Licensed N.C. Environmental Health water system operator for 15 years
- Licensed Asbestos Materials Manager for 15 years.
- Licensed N.C. Environmental Health Wastewater System Operator for 20 years.
County commissioner from 2006 to 2010
Helped manage the county budget so as to add dollars to the county general fund balance with no tax increase to the citizens of Columbus County during my 4 years as County Commissioner.