Creeping normality is a linear process in which several small changes take place over the course of time to reach a desired goal. This goal may and often would be rejected by the masses if all of these small changes were implemented at once. For this reason this occurence is often referred to as “death by 1,000 cuts” where all cuts are too small to present a danger to the person, but combined they are lethal.
This creeping normality is a means to an end that is proving to be very effective to entirely to many of the US citizens. I have written a previous article regarding the threat to the Bill of Rights. Blunt force attacks against these amendments have failed. But the enemy has learned from their mistakes. Now they are cutting only small pieces of the very fabric of this country, so small as to not concern a large portion of the population.
Psychological conditioning is a very powerful tool, especially in the wrong hands. If you are not familiar with this concept I encourage you to look it up, specifically Operant Condoning where behavior is modified by either positive or negative reinforcement.
1. Tear down statues? Well that’s ok, I really didn’t care about them anyway, they are just expressing themselves.
2. Attack someone because of a bumper sticker or a hat? Well, they (the victim) shouldn’t have been seen with that hat or sticker.
3. Literally kill and maim many innocent police officers and civilians over the Floyd incident? Well, what do you expect, people are angry. That’s what they get.
NO. NO. NO. Simply put, they are breaking the law, and YOU are psychologically conditioning them that that’s “OK” based on their emotions at the time. If you are encouraging this behavior, you are an accomplice to the crimes being committed. No if’s and’s or but’s.
Let’s look at the more subtle cuts though, in no particular order:
1. Congress. Congress has been getting less and less done over the years. We are conditioned not to expect much from them nowadays. Hearings, some grandstanding in front the camera. They then vote themselves a raise and take a vacation. If they had tried doing this all at once 30 years ago, there would have been an uproar. I refer to 2 example sof the Overton window for this piece. A visual representation of what is politically acceptable to the general population at any given time. This 1st one is what would be considered “normal”.
Unfortunately, due to creeping normality this graph has changed over time to look more or less like this 2nd one… proposing the unacceptable/unthinkable in order to make the radical look like a “good deal” when in fact it is very dangerous to a free society.
2. Activist Judges. These didn’t come about overnight. Some were indeed seeded in place by their “owners”. But slowly, taking baby steps, they shifted from interpreting the law to making law.
3. The media. They found their way into another one of my articles. They seem to be a common denominator to most of our problems. Think about that for a minute… (a minute please). Journalism was once a search for the truth. Slowly, in baby steps they (almost all of them) transitioned into being a political arm of the Democratic party, lobbied against any indivual who would not bend the knee. Facts? No, we must control the flow of information.. control the emotions of their captive audience, literally captive nowadays, to achieved the desired outcome. What is the desired outcome? Anarchy, the beginning of a destruction of a nation.
4. Governors. Wow. Cuomo, the Grim Reaper of the Nursing Homes in NY. Newsome and “his” state of CA. Bow or be punished Whitmer of MI. Veto Roy and his magic 8-ball plan for NC. Anti-2A Ralph of VA. The list goes on… Small changes. Can’t buy seeds in this state. Can’t be in the water in that state. Only wet sand in another state. Masks in this state. Rioting is ok though. There is no rhyme or reason other than you will obey or suffer my wrath. No, saying their actions are based in science doesn’t “make” their actions based on science. More often than not it’s just a way of diverting those who have already been conditioned to obey and trust without question.
5. Religion. They aren’t even beating around the bush with this one anymore. The lockdown measures for worship services while riots are “ok”. Some folks openly calling for removal of just about anything related to Christianity. I’m unsure of the first cut in this area. But prayer in school and the removal of the ten commandments rings a bell. Remember us allowing that. What has that silence and consent gotten us?
All of these issues combine to produce the proverbial frog in boiling water effect. For anyone who may not have heard the reference, it’s a fable about a frog sitting in a pot of warm water. The temperature of the pot is increased, very slowly over the course of time. So slowly that the frog is unaware of the ever increasing temperature. Eventually the water becomes hot enough to kill the frog without the frog ever realizing it was ever in danger.
This is literally what is and has been going on in the USA over time. One cut, didn’t even notice. Two cuts, nope. A hundred or two. Hmm, we’re bleeding a little but we’ll get through this. This course repeats until that 1,000 cut. The problem is if we wait until the 800th cut or 900th cut, it will be too late as everything already in motion will deliver the final blow.
To sum this up I leave you with this confession, if you will, from Martin Niemöller:
“First they came for the socialists, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a socialist.
Then they came for the trade unionists, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a trade unionist.
Then they came for the Jews, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a Jew.
Then they came for me—and there was no one left to speak for me.”
Silence is consent. Inaction or remaining neutral in the face of evil, or danger, is to side with those who are evil or dangerous. Are you a frog or are you an American? -La